22. November, 2018
It began with the seventh plenary session on the topic: Social Determinants Of Health; Connecting The Dots. Speakers included
- Dr Luther-King Fasehun for H.E Mrs Toyin Saraki
- Prof Eme Owoaje (Professor of Rehabilitative and Social Medicine, Faculty of Public Health, University of Ibadan, Nigeria)
- Dr Ope Okunbor
The eighth plenary session began after tea break and was on the topic: Medical Education In Africa: Curriculum, Research Inclusion And Mentorship. The speakers
- Dr Elsie Kiguli-Malwadde, Director, Health Workforce Education and Development at the African Center for Global Health and Social Transformation (ACHEST)
- Prof Adebola Ogunbiyi, Director of College Medical Education Unit, University of Ibadan, Nigeria
- Prof Mayowa Owolabi, Dean of Clinical Sciences, University of Ibadan, Nigeria Moderator: Dr Elizabeth T Peters
The ninth plenary session was on the topic HEALTH POLICY AND FINANCING: SAVING THE FUTURE OF AFRICA. This however did not hold as the speakers were unavoidably absent.
There was an oral presentation session immediately after the lunch break and delegates proceeded to their various workshops for the last session.